Monday 3 March 2014

Chess Piece (King)

I started out researching the king chess piece through images and its purpose. This link will take you to a PDF which will inform your on some of my findings.





Link to my findings "click here"





I then when on designing my own chess piece in the style of Kaiju/a strange creature. I starting mind mapping my ideas down

















From this mind map, you can see a rough idea of what I was going for in terms of creature. I then changed it from colour to greyscale to give it more effect. Now I am going to link what it looked like when I started.


I came up with four ideas to start of with






Link to my ideas "click here"






I got feedback saying out of the four that I have created, number 2, the minotaur/pig looking thing was the better out of the four. So I came up with ideas to give it a better kick, something to make it unique, something to make it look better. So I came up with three examples, also I changed to background do a dark grey gradient to make the images stand out more.






Link to my example "click here"




I then got some more feedback helping me in deciding which of the three final chess pieces I should put forward. The most liked one was the one with wings, so what I did was I changed the canvas so its now landscape and scales my chess piece up so it fill the screen.


Link to my chosen chess piece "click here"


However I made a few adjustments and gave my creature a bit of an angle, you can see that in the link below.


Link to my angled chess piece "click here"


I really liked the out come of this angled piece, I am now going to create a















No comments:

Post a Comment